A Lot Of Biased decision

Comments

• Arcade Arcade 1 year ago Bronze Status Producer

Now I'm not hating, mad, butt hurt, etc. But I have to say this based on my experience and what I see.
    I join battles and create battles so people can listen to my beats. Nobody is taking the time to go to your profile and hearing the producers catalog/style

A lot of beats here are SUPER COMMERCIAL and I get it. INDUSTRY BEATS. That's not me. Just because that's not me, it doesn't mean that I can’t hang with this commercial wave going on. Believe me I can I just choose not to. All the music I make is because I can flow to it and kill it. So yeah I understand my beats are not for everyone. Again is my choice to be ME and not be like most of you. I create something the way I picture it in my head. So if it sounds that way is because I wanted it to sound that way. Constructive Criticism is welcome when it comes to levels, peaks, db's. compression, etc.

I don't have no credits or badges but I've been doing this longer than some of ya'll. I'm not the best. I'm faaaaaaaaar from that.
    I've heard some beats that are real corny....FOR REAL......CORRRRRRRny but since the producer is big or has credits, he got the win.....LAME.

"I don't like this beat"
    "It's not my type"
    "wrong genre"
    "so sick of the trap hats"

SO WHAT...I don't like your beat either, but I'm judging with an open ear, being fair to both contestants.

There are some good battles and bad battles. Good mixes bad mixes. Let's just be honest for real. Listen with a creative mind instead of with a commercial TRAP how hard it hits mind.
    After all we are creating something right?

• SkreallaMike SkreallaMike 1 year ago Producer

I think your beats are dope bro and I like to hear your creativity and yes I agree with you on some points But try not to get too involved in the battle aspect ,I'm not saying don't battle I'm saying don't pay attention to it once you start one just ignore it and pay more attention to the money and sells and create more, because at the end of the day battles are being judge by haters who don't like you for some strange reason ,some are honest people and some are people that are mad at you for voting for someone else and some are people who think beat makers care about being sound engineers as if that matters especially when I can send beats with vocals to Luis Diaz and let him do all that lol .
    Don't get involve trying to win the popularity contest amongst producers because they all gonna look at you as competition thats the nature of the beast Focus on the bigger pic and thats getting money by selling beats and bringing others that love producing here to get more money and help them grow ....I do feel you when I first came I lost a battles to a producer who always hate on me because he not good and he know it but guess what that same beat sold and it made me realize that I have to just accept that Beat makers are your jury and judge in the battles the same ones you vote against and vote for.....that's just to get you another battle up... I keep it 100 and honest no matter what so I hope you do the same ....and dont worry about the competion side Get this money because thats what it's all about at the end of the day

I do bro and thanks. I judge fair. I listen. It’s just this type of environment NEVER CHANGES. I thought wrong. There are some producers that are going to come in here and get hurt because of it. It’s the same from Roc, soundclick, and all the other old platforms from back in the day. I will continue to battle and keep loosing with a smile fam cause like you said at the end of the day I’m still getting mines. This is not the only place I sell my music you feel me

• SkreallaMike SkreallaMike 1 year ago Producer

You Gonna Make good money bro follow fats program and lets promote and sell beats at the same time Imma look out for you when you drop some heat Imma promote you and get more views to your battles and profile so check the new video out Fats just drop very enlightening......

Your right but you have me mistaken my dude. I’m not butt hurt about anything. I’ve been in this playground before. Inside and outside this internet Never win the prize, but stand out like a mug (in a good way) An L is an L a win is a win. I don’t care if anybody likes my music. I appreciate if you do. I’m talking on how biased and commercial this playground is. You know I’m right. Trap hats or not. I’m all good baby. On the real you can believe me or not I battle for promotion. And will continue to battle with a smile. Opinions yeah I don’t care. But I can post examples to my post. Yeah I don’t think it’s fair to judge because the person doesn’t like the beat, but hey that’s my opinion. That’s all. Give me REAL constructive criticism.

• VigilanteStylez VigilanteStylez 1 year ago Producer

If you don't want to hear people's opinions, then don't battle. Simple as that. What are you trying to prove by battling? That your beat is better than so and so's beat, correct? If a person votes against your beat because "so sick of trap hats", it is that person's opinion. It is what it is. Maybe the general public is getting tired of "trap hats", or maybe since producers are all for the most part copying each other, maybe a certain producer voting on a battle is tired of trap hats... It is fair that a person's personal taste will come into play when voting on a beat. Music is not logic based, it is emotion based, and if your beat is not connecting with someone emotionally, it is what it is. You say you are not taking this personal, and then post this. Don't get in your feeling about it. You will win some battles, and you will lose some. If you want to know what people think about your music honestly, then you came to the right place. If you came for confirmation bias, adoration, and narcissistic supply... then you are in the wrong neighborhood.

• VigilanteStylez VigilanteStylez 1 year ago Producer

Some of your beats sound commercial, and mainstream to me. Which is not a bad thing at all. Just know a lot of producers here aspire to be working at that level, and may judge beats according to that criteria. I make old school stuff, and am definitely not the one to judge on whether it is the relevant sound or not. I do try to have a mainstream sounding mix quality, so I will judge on that, because the quality of mainstream music is solid and banging. And I think we all can have solid and banging music.

Yeah I made a whole commercial instrumental LP based on that criteria”I’ve got ARCADE instrumental LP” joint

• nuimusicgroup nuimusicgroup 1 year ago Hustler Status Producer

totally agree with you bro. I love this platform, BUT as I have stated MANY times, it's "RAP" dominate. I have not found ANY other producers in the "GOSPEL" genere on here. I'm not talking about "hip-hop gospel" or the "holy hip-hop". Those are 2 different genres and are specifically for rap artist. I am a singer. So when I vote on the battles that are R&B or "gospel", I expect to be able to "SING" to  the track most importantly. However, as stated by both of us, this platform is great and the "CONSTRUCTIVE" criticism is always welcomed. I'm faaaaaaaaaaaar from the best too...lol BUT I am THE BEST at DOING "ME"! So I encourage you my brother to keep growing in this profession, stay diligent , and committed to your work ethnics! God Bless

• Choicez Choicez 1 year ago Producer

that is like my battle.

Reggae vs Trap.... :/

I was just watching it lol. Thanks bro I will do the same

• BobChops BobChops 1 year ago Producer

I thought about this too!

So the thing is, what you have to remember is this. Most people that come to battle beats online, come with a really specific sound in mind.

Also people have different ears. I play keyboard, and I produce tracks that are to be used for artists. Sometimes I cringe listening to beats, that have no structure, are cheesy repetitive or overblown, weak melodies etc. But people love them!

I had a battle with someone, and he kept trying to gas light me, telling me his beat was good for songs, but mine wasn't. I actually sent it to an artist, and they really liked it, and decided to use it.

So yea, it can be frustrating if your losing a lot and you don't understand why.

What you got to know is, with music, your not waiting for the world to come to your window and find your music. If your doing anything too different or original, your going to lose.

What you got to do, listen to the tracks that are winning, and find the common thread. They all sound, a certain way.

Music producing is only about taste. All the skills anybody can learn to do. The taste in music is the hard part.

Most people like commercial sounding music. That's why it's commercial. I understand, to me that sounds cheesey as well. There use to be producers, who were pro producers, on Rocbattle. They were on a different league to me. They produced records, in the old days, before spotify. The real thing basically.

They would have beats, that just had this super cool quirky sound. The sound I was trying to get, and could never quite pull it off. And they would have these perfectly produced tracks with just super weird awesomeness all over them.

The thing is, no one liked those producers. Only a few people who understood how music worked, liked what those pro's were doing.

The average man, just like a hot dog, and some pop rap shit, with Brittney spheres dancing with an Amrican flag, or something.

It took me a really long time to understand this. They don't want something original or different. What they want, is what they like, the way they like it. Which is the cheesey way.

A good example is mixing. Rick Ross use to have amazing mixing, sounded really classy, and musical. No one thought that was good mixing tho. They think good mixing is, the big guys on the interweb, with the plasticky, cardboard sounding drums, and super duper loud mixes.

And...

As well, that's their choice to like what they like I suppose. The rap in the 90's sounded really cool, because the listeners, not the producers, grew up listening to real music. And if the music sounded like a calculator had worked on it, they would laugh. the 2000's were when it started to get bad, because you had people who had only ever listened to simple electronic music beats, now becoming producers themselves lol! It was a bloodbath!

You got people that probably think a tuning fork, is for picking up slices of ham, they really don't have a very good frame of reference.

With that said, just do the battles, and remember, everybody wants to win, and everybody, has probably submitted, something they thought was really good.

Yeah I hear and get you Bob. Most def. Tuning fork lol nice

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 1 year ago Bronze Status Producer

to be honest? everyone feels like this...you have to understand your ear is not the next man ear...some people are keyboard bias,sample bias,bias to shh they cant do etc..the key is learn from genres and making different types of music challenge yourself to be good at what you do...I personally respect you and some dudes who have created unique sounds you sound like noone...which is fire

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 1 year ago Bronze Status Producer

To add on this there are dudes that are professional battlers meaning...they know when to battle who to vote against what scores to give them to keep them under their rating dudes take this shh that personal....Ive seen these things on rocbattle...me personally?I just love to battle...I dont care about wins more the communtity to keep me sharp and active....thats all

Yeah you right about that bro. It’s a cut throat community.

• FamilyBizEnt FamilyBizEnt 1 year ago Bronze Status Producer

So I'm gonna speak from the side of someone who wins alot of battles, I really don't care either.  I don't care about wins and losses, I don't care about the critiques unless I'm looking for one from other producers.  For those that do know me, I think they'll speak for me and say I'm one of the most humble guys there is, and none of that stuff matters, just worry about honing your craft.  If you do respect the opinion of those who voted and commented, take heed to it, it can help.  But you are who you are and you know what sound your going for.  Now if it's a technical thing like mixing for instance.  I'm one of those approachable guys thats always willing to help if I can.  So my suggestion is use this site for more of networking and getting your music out there to ears for those who will enjoy your production.  Stay away from the negativity, it doesn't help you either.  Buddy votes are gonna happen, it's always been apart of this thing since the rocbattle days.  You cant control it, you never will be able to, and I've just come to an understanding of that.  I haven't seen any rule applied thats been able to stop buddy voting from any site.  I just say I always try to give my honest opinion and vote and hope for the same in return, but either way, it is what it is.  Focus on what you can control.