Final Round Disqualification

Comments

• FatFingers FatFingers 1 year ago Executive Status Member

In the last 17 years of doing online battles or tournaments, I never had to disqualify a music producer. However, following I will point out the valid points presented to me and the reason why this decision had to be made.

For one, both producers had special instructions for the final round.

Link is here for rules and notes

But more specifically, they received a special note which was as follows.

Special Note: "The beat should sound like your own. Meaning it should be obvious you chopped up the sample or recording to create something that doesn't sound like you only played drums over it. I believe that should be important. Chop, chop, chop!!!" This statement was very clear!!

Now IMO Gammo drums was killer, but clearly didn't follow the instruction to make the sample his own. Pretty much just dropped the sample on the drums with a few loops. Yes effects was added, but the production was the same.

Liingo IMO used drill/trap which I dont care to much for sometimes and chopped the sample up to make his own work. Took various elements from the sample and made it different. 

It is my opinion that if Gammo would have simply rearranged the sample to be different from the original to be more than a remake, could of made all the difference. So the question for everyone is  "Who followed the Instructions? Not "Who had the better beat?"

On the 4th both received the instrumental "Do Pal" which is a soundtrack song for a popular movie in India. I guest this hints to everyone that said GAmmo sounded like a movie score or could be in a movie or sync deal. You are 100% correct, it was. It was and has had great success in India, hints the views on YOUTUBE.

When I sought out the instrumental for it, I wanted to use it because it had more than 2 dozen parts to chop to "make your own beat". Hints the special note to each producer, which I quote "The beat should sound like your own" Not just loop parts already there in the sample.

To further validate, I went and asked a few of the producers who voted if they even listened to the sample and to my suprise they "hardly" did and was even more suprised that the arrangements was just loops no different when pointed out. Which if any of them would like to confirm they admitted to voting wrong based on what was required (KEY WORD), you can. However, theres no obligation to share because both producers were presented with the instrumentals and the intructions were posted.  Both Liingo and GAmmo commented on the post.

Here is song with 157million views on youtube

Here is the instrumental that was given

The Battle Link

https://buybeats.com/beat-battles/detail/MTQ0NQ==

Now if you are one that believes GAmmo beat is better, you may be 100% correct. It's your opinion.  But its no different than having a trap battle requirement and the person who produces the country beat wins because the country beat sounds better than the required trap beat. Sorry, can't work like that. The rules were posted and the message was to do more than play hard drums over loops. Read it again!!!

Also sorry this took a day after to post as well. This is not at all what I would have preferred to do or easy to do. But I had to do full write-up and lay it all out as well as bring other ears into the mix so I make sure the decision is the right thing to do. Will there be backlash. Of course there will be backlash. Emotions are tied up in all of this. But this is a final decision! Side note. If you have an issue with the decision and no longer want to particpate, it's fine. Our goal is to grow the site and offer cash prizes in the tens of thousands. So making the corrections now is for the future integrity of the platform. Last thing I would want in the future is to have producers losing battles who followed the instructions, when the person who won didn't. Nipped in the bud now....

Conclusion
    Really not much more to say but congratulations to both for making it this far. Both producers will still receive their cash prizes.

*********Signature*********

• CKMADETHEBEAT CKMADETHEBEAT 1 year ago Producer

honorable.....CKMADETHEBEAT APPROVED

• Arcade Arcade 1 year ago Bronze Status Producer

Hey rules are rules.

• AboutBeats AboutBeats 1 year ago Bronze Status Producer

Makes sense

• GAmmo GAmmo 1 year ago Producer

No worries at all, If this is the decision then so be it. I would like to congratulate Liingo on the win! Thanks for all the people who voted for me to have me in the finals in the first place, which was my end goal for this. All respects.

• FatFingers FatFingers 1 year ago Executive Status Member

Definitely appreciate your participation in this tournament as well as your gracious response to the outcome. Class act.