Issues Artists Complain About When Buying Beats Online

Comments

• VigilanteStylez VigilanteStylez 1 year ago Producer

This is stuff I have seen from my clients who like to spend lots of dough on beats.

1. Can't get trackouts, or the exclusive price is astronomical in relation to the lease price.

2. The producer is an @$$ and sends digitally clipped and distorted tracks that were not that way on the stereo track beat file.

3. The producer has sent tracks but they are the other way around and are 1db peak level on all tracks, forcing me to normalize them to mix.

4. The producer refuses to send track outs even when the artist purchased them.

Perhaps the producer wants to mix the song themselves, and thus is doing all this childish behavior to force the person who bought a beat to work with them for mixing which the producer will usually charge at a fair price, but the artist prefers to have a dedicated mix engineer work on the song instead, and this hurts the producer's ego, causing them to act this way maybe.

5. Artists can't buy exclusive.

6. This is the artist's fault for not understanding the game on this one. They complain that they bought the exclusive then get a copyright strike when they post their song online, because a person who purchased a lease prior to the artist that bought the exclusive, finished his song first, then uploaded it to all the stores through a distribution service that dishes out copyright strikes to anyone else making songs to the same beat.

7. Producers don't answer their DMs.

What are the other complaints you hear artists say about producers? Or what complaints do producers have of artists?

• Arcade Arcade 1 year ago Bronze Status Producer

This is not good for business or the community.

• VigilanteStylez VigilanteStylez 1 year ago Producer

It needs to be talked about.  I see these things happening all the time. 

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 1 year ago Bronze Status Producer

HONESTLY?Artista are spolied ....they will pay for a video before a beat...they want the world for nothing and they dont give credit so its even steven lol....I made alot of money on rocbattle....no complaints because I have integrity...but artists after they buy shh wanna dm you for free shh after they give you 20 dollars ...lol

• staffmuzik staffmuzik 1 year ago Producer

Alot of artist dont like to invest in themselves. Producers have to invest in themselves because it requires some equipment or software in order to make beats. The artist who got beats from me on rocbattle had became good friends of mine till this day. Always conduct good business and you will connect with serious artist. The artist who aren't serious will always have some objection or problem no matter what you do for them.

• BigThrowback BigThrowback 1 year ago Hustler Status Producer

Vigilante I agree that producers aren't as professional as they need to be in regards to treating the purchaser professionally and I agree with staff artist refuse to invest in themselves and are spoiled like jokey said so all the above is true.

Producers get the shaft the most of time and I guess are starting to do business the same as these artists.

• BobChops BobChops 1 year ago Producer

Good info