MPC One New User

Comments

• Hazword Hazword 1 year ago Producer

Who can show me how to use the MPC one and or point to a video that breaks it down good. 

• FatFingers FatFingers 1 year ago Executive Status Member

I cant, but nice set up. 

*********Signature*********

Thank you, I had it for gaming until my wife bought me a midi controller last Christmas and I started producing since 2014

• BobChops BobChops 1 year ago Producer

OooH, nice setup!  

The MPC one is amazing!  I was going to get one, but had already bought a Korg Electribe samples. 

The mpc one is far more advanced tho.  You can do everything on it.  You don't even need keybords, because if you connect up your midi controller, it does everything the keyboards do!

The best way to get started with your MPC, is to take it away from your computer.  Have it on your lap in the sitting room watching TV.  It takes a couple of weeks at first to get the hang of it.  You got to go over the manual, and then memorise each bit at a time. 

But eventually, with enuogh practise, you will become wizard at it.  I say this, do read the manual, because if you just learn from a video, you will learn one way to use it.  

You can use the MPC, in many different ways.  Try to find your own unique way of using it.  

Thank you, yeah it is advanced an I would have it on my lap if o didn't have to get up every other min to see what I children are doing. Thank you for the advice I'll read the manual 

• BobChops BobChops 1 year ago Producer

What made the MPC king, was on the pad, you have 4 layers.  So you can layer 4 drums on one pad.  

I understand, nowadays, that sounds like no big deal.  But he big producers, use to make incredible drum sounds using that facilitiy.  

That's why the hardware is good, because it gives you limitations. On software, producers will load up omnisphere or Nexus, and then some Drum kit.  

Mpc is more about experimentation.  You might have bad days, but when you have a good one, it may well be your best on the mpc! 

Yeah I have the software before this thanks to a very generous friend/producer who gave it to me for free but man it's confusing but the hardware is more easy than the software