Best Rocwilder interview ever!

Comments

• BobChops BobChops 3 weeks ago Producer

I watched this a couple of weeks ago!  but it's really interesting. I always thought he used mpc4000 and motif to create his hits on.  I just assumed that, because the pictuce on Rocbattle in the olds day, was him with MPC4000 and Motif. 

Didn't know he used the triton! Rocwilder used the gear, that was around , when I was first getting into music.  Like the xp80. 

But it was hard to afford gear in those days! 

These producers from back in the day were next level!  people think producers from today can compare, it's idiocy! 

When he says, they use to spend a whole day doing a groove! imagine the fruity users of today spending more then 5 min's on their entire beat? 

They might spend one day agonising over which sample packs to download.  But a whole day just on groove! 

That's why today, I don't understand the drum thing today.  People talk about these drums, but to me drums are like dr dre's or rocwilder etc, where they had amazing grooves, they sound amazing! 

Not crash, bang wallop drums of online super stars.  The sounds they used don't work, they just have nasty hard kick because it's loud, and then they have... who cares what they have? why am i even wasting my time to thinking about what they are doing. 

It's similar to wondering why dog licks it's balls, it's no logical answer, it doesn't even matter anyway, why the dog is do that.  Same as online producer stars, who cares why they make decisions and how they feel about what they are doing?