Samples, Sample Packs etc

Comments

• MusicMystro MusicMystro 1 month ago Producer

Let me clear the air! i’m not against Sampling or Sample packs. i sample all the time. i have used Sample packs before! We all have used samples. Whether it’s one shots, drum loops, Sound effects. if you ain’t play it live with a instrument it’s a sample!
    not what i am against is people outright taking a sample pack and doing absolutely nothing with it. meaning they ain’t shop it, They ain’t change the tone to give it its own identity. You just used the whole demo and claiming it’s yours!
    There’s Some grey areas with this topic. some people will just add drums and say it’s not a sample. that’s a red flag.
    even a producer on here tried to claim a beat was his and somebody 2 tracked it. but when you listen to the beat you have to question its that’s yours and he 2 tracked it, why we ain’t got the version where you just went and played over the empty areas and the song don’t have what you played in those same areas…. but that’s your beat. ?. just say you sampled it! i can go on but ima stop here. lol

• John_Pierre John_Pierre 3 weeks ago Producer

I agree. It's a sheer lack of creativity and a pure display of laziness to do stuff like that in my opinion. You could even make the argument that is a form of beat jacking

• GAmmo GAmmo 1 month ago Producer

I didnt even know ''Sample Packs'' existed (like, full instrumental loops) until I joined this website... ;') I only knew sampling from vinyl, youtube, etc. 

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 3 weeks ago Bronze Status Producer

gammo you would be surprised..

• BigThrowback BigThrowback 3 weeks ago Hustler Status Producer

I agree there is nothing wrong with using sample packs it's when you take the whole demonstration and use it in a battle giving the community the false pretense that you created it your self.

Sample packs are to give you a cheap alternative to actual sampled instrumentation strings cords guitars drums, and percussion shots and etc. ie construction kits, Producer means something that you created manipulated arranged or put together not something you took in it's original form and battled it .... be better ...this is not Hate its just criticism because I have passion for the craft as you should too..... Throoow