As Promised!

Comments

• FatFingers FatFingers 5 months ago Executive Status Member

I said I would address all the tournament issues after the battle and here I am. Sometimes its better to not follow up on things you say you going to do and let things be. However, sometimes its good to bring to the forefront to help explain why some things are the way they are.

Buybeats is just over a 1-1/2 years old. It was a thought not to put the battle system in and solely focus on the income structure for the users "Let's all get MONEY!" However, knowing how the batttle scene was on my previous site (Rocbattle) and the skills development it offered to producers to grow as well as the competive drive for many, I added it.

Because I took time off after the death of RB, I forgot how controvesal these battles could get. Well, its all come back to memory now! LOL!! Which I believe with this last tournament some significant changes need to be made.

Here are some things that will be in place.

- Producers will not be able to comment at all in the semi-finals and the finals. Not even a thank you for the vote comment. Will all be disabled for finalist.

- We will not allow any kind of preloops where complete melodies and patterns are used as the main structure of your beats. It need to be your idea or chopped to be your own.In the same fashion, samples used need to be clearly identified as munipulated and even chopped to be identified as your own. 

- Social media post discovered from either opponant will be grouds for immediate disqualification, which both producers did in this tournament. It doesn't matter what, if its openly discussing or promoting the final battle in anyway, it's over.

- Absolutly no private messages to the staff. I (We) don't need to see or hear who is going to kill whoever after the battle. Especially over a few hundred or thousand dollars and bragging rights.

- Hiring a mix engineer or getting someone to mix your beat is cool. However, allowing an engineer to enhance or customize your beat where it doesnt even sound like yours will also not be acceptable. Because we plan to increase the payouts in these tournaments to the thousands in cash prizes, video proof will soon be neccesary to prove authorship of your entire production beforehand. This means in the Pre-mix phase you must show your work before its sent off for final mix or even uploaded to the platform. (We have all the technology in the world to support this step if needed) So if the next tournament we are giving $2000 or more, you better believe it will be a requirement now for proof! This is in place so whoever is mixing your beat can't suggest how to make changes or customize the beat to put their spin on the beat. If that is the case then we would need to pay the mix engineer for winning the battle and not the contestant. This also goes for anyone using pre-made loops from packs. We will attempt to curb these kind of actions to make it as fair as possible. 

- There is already a restriction on referral voting for over a year now. So it can't happen. However, we have logs to show that both producers had family members and associates voting on them. So we are implementing a feature that will log the patterns and track votes to reveal those biases from future battles. So if you vote on someone 5-10 times in a row and it doesnt make sense, you will get flagged. After staff reviews those votes to confirm, you may never be able to vote for that producer again. So vote fair!

As a result of all of this, plus some other things, there will probably be more restrictions as the site moves forward, but its all in the name of "keeping it real" no matter how competitive it will be. Which to me keeps the integrity of the voting system and all the battles.

I believe the changes here will address everything that was brought to my attention in the last tournament finals that took away from how much more great this competition could of been.

Stay tuned, For Next Tournamemt for $2000 - $2500 Announcement coming soon!

*********Signature*********

• staffmuzik staffmuzik 5 months ago Producer

If people are acting that way over an online tournament battle I'd hate to see how they would act in a live batte in person. The tension gets thick real quick. I've been in a few where I had clear rivals that brought the tension but it never came to anything dangerous. Just bruised egos and humbled energy. It's good that you are implementing these methods Fats. Anyone against it is guilty of pending charges. Producers are supposed to be the chill people of the industry. Not bickering and fighting like artist for clout. Just make dope music and keep improving on yourselves.

• BigThrowback BigThrowback 5 months ago Hustler Status Producer

Respect to you always brother  Integrity and being honorable is a dying trait in today's world standing on your principles is a testiment to your character.

• Staticphree Staticphree 5 months ago Producer

got to be mature in everything conduct had to be beyond childish for this to have to be addressed are we not all grown come on people get a clue on how to conduct yourselves seriously your on a platform that has benefits no other has and you want to act like you struggling in the streets in the 90s is silly in this day and age get a grip really.