BX Console AMEK 200 looks quite interesting

Comments

• VigilanteStylez VigilanteStylez 4 months ago Producer

Apparently this thing is a hypothetical console based on the very expensive AMEK Mastering compressor, and the AMEK 250 5 band Mastering EQ, with the AMEK 9099 gate and filters.  This console actually did not exist, because this console would have easily been well over several million dollars due to the expensive compressor and EQ on every channel.  Plus Brainworx gives you 72 channels. Since it is all mastering grade, you can also do your mastering with this virtual console plugin as well.  You can run it on all channels, and then slap one on the master bus, and do your mixing and mastering in one session.  It definitely has my attention, as of right now I use the BX Console SSL 4000 G on all my channels, the Townhouse Bus compressor, and the BX Masterdesk on my master bus to do final mix glue, and to do mastering in the same session, but this might replace all that, and to have it in one plugin is quite nice indeed.  Easy workflow is what I am after, and amazing sound. 

• Cleet-chie Cleet-chie 3 months ago Bronze Status Producer

I the compressor give me an ssl vibe but but it sounds bigger and cleaner. the 200 console is the best sounding console plugin I’ve heard yet. I was using the SSLJ 9000 before. And depending on the record the Amek 9099

• VigilanteStylez VigilanteStylez 3 months ago Producer

I heard they kept the filters from the 9099.  I got it on Christmas week sales, and it is pretty nice! It has a good balance of warmth, clarity, and detail.  You can drive up some nice subs with it too.  Has a cinematic quality to my ears.