Composed Vs Sample Packs

Comments

• HoodPolitics HoodPolitics 3 months ago Producer

I Be Listening to these battles, and i jsut wanna know how Creative is using an all out sample Pack verse beats that was created from scratch? I say this because theres too many battles i listen to where ya'll give the sample pack a higher vote than the actual composition! Make this make sense to me! How is pasting samples together to make a beat vs some of these producers that can actually build from the ground up!?

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 3 months ago Bronze Status Producer

Honestly? So what dudes use sample packs...Sample packs are compositions from amateur musicians if you want to use them fine.... USING IT DOES NOT GUARANTEE A VICTORY LIKE SAMPLING...I personally dont care..I seen establish producers like TIMBERLAND,JERMAINE DUPREE etc...use sample packs even in their beat tutorials...

• kizombaparty kizombaparty 3 months ago Producer

The answer to your first question is reflected in your vote.  Many unseasoned ears cannot tell the difference.  I saw a battle recently where a producer was called out for it.  Take a good listen to what goes on in the upcoming same sample tourney (I think it is currently scheduled for late March).  That will help you hear who is doing what.  Don't take battles too seriously.  They are not going to produce sales except to the extent you may get a little extra look from whatever potential buyers are on the site because they might look at the top battle rankings.  Also, you need to understand that some folks just like to battle and may just put up what could be considered a "battle" beat as opposed to a beat they are shopping for an artist.  The money being put up by the site for the monthly battle winners is good for helping a winning producer pay for the site fees and a Happy Meal. Tournaments, where the bigger money is up for grabs, is where the producers who can WILL get creative and aggressive about winning a battle. 

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 3 months ago Bronze Status Producer

Well said

• VigilanteStylez VigilanteStylez 3 months ago Producer

Do whatever sounds good.  Doesn't matter what people think.  Whatever process gets you to the sound you are looking for is the right way.