Cringe (Long Ass Intros)

Comments

• Choicez Choicez 2 months ago Producer

like really.... some of yall do listen to rap beats at all.

if a beat takes 35secs to drop....
    especially if it's not hot...

the listener will lose interest!
    here is a cheat code....

4 BAR INTROS! and let the beat drop!

-1-

• MusicMystro MusicMystro 2 months ago Producer

So i seen you write this in my battle! I dont think you was talking to me, but what i will say is (Because Im GOOD FOR LONG ASS EPIC INTROS!) Long Intros have to be done a certain way! It has to Build Up! at the same time keep you interested. I Have Beats that have 1 minnute intros BUT I alwys produce in song mode so I Have a idea song wise within that one minute BUT IT STILL HAS TO KEEP THE INTEREST!.... With that being said, Long ass intros that loop around for 12 bars aint gonna help you!

I was not talking to you.

Did your beat have a 35sec intro? Lmao

No I didn't.

You got the vote for that battle. 

Give the person you are facing some lessons! Lmfao

• MusicMystro MusicMystro 2 months ago Producer

smh......... DID I SAY YOU WAS TALKING TO ME?!?!?!?!?!!? I CLEARLY SAID I DIDNT THINK YOU WE'RE!!!!!!!!

I still wanted to speak on it thou because i hear it in other battles, and i know i do have long intros at times, but its a way to do it and keep it interesting!

-1-

• GAmmo GAmmo 2 months ago Producer

Dunno what the issue is about intros. Alot of beats have long intros, to build up to something. Also, an intro DOESNT mean that a rapper/MC isn't able to start rappin on it; might be a dope combination.

This discussion is a constant returning ''thing''. If a beat is dope, and the intro is long but fits; it'll get the votes. Thats it.

• BobChops BobChops 2 months ago Producer

I will say, I started off on hardware, and the limitations made you make the beat in a certain way.  When you move over to the daw, creating arrangements that are very intricate and elaborate are far easier. On hardware it would be very time consuming to do the same thing. 

I want to return to hardware sequencing now because I think it helps shape the beat in a different way.  

3 patterns, the verse is just the chorus with the lead left out.  

the intro is the chorus without the kick or snare. 

So you have to make a loop strong enough to carry the whole song.  

• VigilanteStylez VigilanteStylez 2 months ago Producer

You can't call yourself a producer if you don't have a 64 bar 2 minute long intro.  That's industry standard practice son!  You gotta set the mood like foreplay.  You gotta make love to their minds.  Can't rush anything.  Like Chaka Khan said "take your time, do it right, we can do it baby, do it tonight!" or something like that.  ?‍♀️