For the record

Comments

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 4 weeks ago Bronze Status Producer

Everyone has a criteria for voting ...some judge mixes some musicality and some relatability....what the hell is genre police?It's a narrative because everyone doesn't judge that way it's a lie....it's also a lie that nobody stops creation because fats makes the genres for hybrid styles like soul trap or EDM trap ....but to change established genres to your liking is not right either...example rhythm and blues means just that....u can't put classical or country chords and if u do it's a risk to relatability....simple stop painting narratives bro because you get the hybrid genres u asked for....if you battle trap in boom bap im voting against it....if u battle trap in west coast I'm voting against it....bottom line...there suppose to be music theory behind every genre

• John_Pierre John_Pierre 4 weeks ago Producer

i dont get it. theycould just do a regular battle and then none of that matters

• MusicMystro MusicMystro 4 weeks ago Producer

right! when it’s a regular battle it pretty much comes down to beat 4 beat what’s better.

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 4 weeks ago Bronze Status Producer

I said that also... exactly....if u confused battle regular ...and again this is not a personal attack its a response to an allegation..Idc if someone uses EDM drops for an advantage thats not what this is...u have to be on genre thats sticking to the assignment...if you created your own fusion to theory fine but understand its only fire if its relatable to genre...adding Edm or a changeup is very creative when it hits right...and when it doesnt it can absolutely throw you off also...so thats a different debate...but dont come on here and lowkey say we hating when your shhh DOESNT HIT RIGHT thats all Im saying...this isnt about people style...its about telling people how to vote and I only went in because Kizomba is not a loss for words...I dont always agree with your votes but I dont critique the way you vote either for personal gain...my comments on battles is no different than yours my friend so thats a major miss on narrative...been here before many come here switching genres to fit in I seen the emergence of country,edm and hyphy pop to which nobody battles so its still a minority on here hopefully more people who like those genres will battle like I see in experimental trap......Me myself Im an eastcoast producer and nobody usually battles that... the difference is Ill still step in other lanes Im not very good at to be better not create a lane of chaos to be relevant....truth be told u didnt help your cause all you did was slow down everyones lane...now everyones battles are sitting up there for a week not just yours...imagine me attacking you for voting on mixes just because I lack in that criteria...it should be all about the creativity right?Imagine if I was that narcissistic to still make a campaign when my mixes lack sonically to make u believe only creativity matters not the components behind it

• MusicMystro MusicMystro 4 weeks ago Producer

Facts. That’s like battling R&B but you using “pop” chords and you still have to add a EDM change up to get a edge.

• BigThrowback BigThrowback 4 weeks ago Hustler Status Producer

Very spot on, innovation is what it is, but not when you're trying to push a narrative to get a advantage when a battle is instituted, established GENRES are just that EDM/Trap can't be confused with Soul or Country or R&B etc so if you add those type of transitions to an established genre You cannot expect to get high scores in that category because what you're doing Is making that a hybrid battle, don't attempt to stand for something and at the same time when you give a comment on a battle say the opposite.

This is not a shot or hate towards anybody who fits the criteria of my above mentioned statements. This is just the truth.... nobody should be told how to vote. That's what the MAC SYSTEM is for so please Don't try to reinterpret what the rules are so that it can give an individual a competitive edge just my thoughts on the subject. Throoow