Genre Battles

Comments

• FamilyBizEnt FamilyBizEnt 7 months ago Bronze Status Producer

I was just browsing the site, and some specifics need to be put down.  I say this because in the rocbattle days "those who were there could back this one", if you were lets say... in a "Hip Hop" beat battle, and you uploaded a "trap" beat, lets say the beat is nice, but the producer you were against stayed in the genre,  The one with the nice beat that was kinda out of genre would lose, just off you putting it in the wrong category.  I see a difference, I see alot of this are considered "hip hop", I see alot of things are considered "trap", and maybe it needs to be some sort of specifications to what's meant.  I've heard a RnB beat in a hip hop battle, man yall gotta be specific, but if it's no more sticking to genres then I get it.  No hate, no shade, just a concern, it's different...

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 7 months ago Bronze Status Producer

Hiphop now is considered everything...we use Boombap or oldschool hiphop to make it harder for dudes to put trap beats as a substitute

• FamilyBizEnt FamilyBizEnt 7 months ago Bronze Status Producer

Ahhh, see that needed to be specified for me, thank you sir @Jokeyent.  But everything ain't "Hip Hop".  I'll adjust.

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 7 months ago Bronze Status Producer

agreed but things get different as the community grows....there has to be a larger hiphop community to preserve the art

• John_Pierre John_Pierre 7 months ago Producer

Fair point, you used to lose back then off shit like that. But now, you just lose points when people are scoring the battle. There's actually a section in there, the third one I believe, that says did they stick to the genre. Genre. If you feel like they didn't, scored how you feel.

• FatFingers FatFingers 7 months ago Boss Status Member

Things are changing. My kids don't call hip-hop what I have known it to be. So that is reflected everywhere.

If I had to say what it is now, it would mean everything and then everything else under would be sub-genres.

Would agree with Jokey, it's old school hip hop.

*********Signature*********

• GAmmo GAmmo 7 months ago Producer

FatFingers, maybe its an idea when uploading a beat and you know it's hip-hop, that you're required to select the correct sub-genre? Might be a bit too far fetched but, I don't know... The genre thing has been a discussion for a while and it pops up every now and then

• GAmmo GAmmo 7 months ago Producer

Oh oeps, I made another post about this a few days later than this post. Im going to delete that one.

But yeah FamilyBiz, i know what you mean. If you do a Hip-Hop genre beat battle, you can have alot of sub-genre style battles. You could have a Westcoast beat against an Eastcoast beat, which are both Hip-Hop, and probably both producers added them as ''hip-hop'' and they're not wrong...

its a grey area I think...