GENRES

Comments

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 2 months ago Bronze Status Producer

Mega confused here...we have an overflux of genres at the request of producers correct?So why is it not important all of a sudden? Everything should be a regular battle then...and since when does it not count in judgement?Just asking

• hierophantarapis hierophantarapis 2 months ago Producer

What is the context to your thoughts, Jokeyent? Genre helps put sound into a box, which in turn allows this to be a progressive art and science. A battle is a battle, choose your style. Right?

what do u think Im talking about?Stop making genres just to win a beat battle if you dont respect genres... a battle isnt just a battle because people are just trying to create a lane for themselves...but the kicker is you really dont respect genre u only making a lane for yourself.The new narrative

• MusicMystro MusicMystro 2 months ago Producer

I mean like,,,, 70% of the battles on here are trap! that’s kinda like a regular battle!!!!

at least trap is a competetive lane but now you got Hyphy trap or edm trap or country trap...now it becomes a narrative...like hiphop...Im saying this because there was a Boom Bap battle the other day...dude beat was not boom bap...he only battled it to win a battle.There is a specific sound for Boom bap its the preservation of gOLDEN ERA HIPHOP...You can google this...but dudes are confused u cant claim a genre to win and not respect the genre THATS INSANE...and just vote because u want points..you can absolutely google or youtube genres if your not familiar..

what’s Country Hip Hop!?!? Contry Grammer? Nelly album!?

• hierophantarapis hierophantarapis 2 months ago Producer

If someone wins for a submission not in the genre, then there are reasons to question how battles are going. Your point, people need to learn what they're producing.

Know your audience, which is taught to writers, is something to be learned in this digital takeover. We owe it to each other as artists to creatively criticize and this discussion over genres is valid.

• GAmmo GAmmo 2 months ago Producer

PREACH!

• EEMCEE EEMCEE 2 months ago Bronze Status Producer

dawg U SPOKE MY MIND... wtf is "NEW SOUL" ???? all my beat request are odd genres I never heard of

• JimmyDukes JimmyDukes 2 months ago Producer

Take a closer look to the votes in that battle btw. Never seen most of those voters before 

Faaaaactz 4 times 

This.... (Again!)

And the funny part is... when trying to help them out and actually TEACH them what should be correct (all still searchable on the internet), they backfire at you like u don't know anything about it. And even worse is, they going to vote against you in any battle that you're participating it. These votes are getting stranger by the week. 

He not trying to learn he scamming...u can't explain things to s dude that voted for himself 4 times lol

• Sin_Woods Sin_Woods 2 months ago Producer

History REPEATS itself REPEATEDLY...

• Choicez Choicez 2 months ago Producer

now this is the rocbattle i surely remember lmfao!!!

I just wish people will properly put their beat in the proper Genre! People been getting away witha. lot of shit wrongly labeling shit what it aint!

Then whe somebody school you to what you did wrong or tell you what it aint, You wanna argue, Get offended or Mad! smh

• MusicMystro MusicMystro 1 month ago Producer

…………….. Why are people putting clear cut TRAP BEATS in Hip Hop Battles!?!??!?

• JimmyDukes JimmyDukes 1 month ago Producer

I say just give them a 1 in the creativity section. Since ppl can't follow rules.