Hate voting at an all time high

Comments

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 4 months ago Bronze Status Producer

I dont battle as much since the tourney...I still respect the community by coming on and participating in battles and Im noticing the hate voting and its astonishing...dudes giving 5s to bad mixes and arrangements...giving 1s to good mixes just because people gave honest critiques ....it doesnt improve the culture its actually sad when people cant take any type of criticism without retaliation...I was going to make a thread your favorite hate voter for fun but then thought about it refrained on how crazy and sensiive this topic is...there is an actual criteria to go by but nobody is following it...and whats more discouraging is you would think following that actual blueprint would make u a better producer but people absolutely ignore it lol...The purpose of community is help everyone else get better..its almost like everyone that puts up muzik doesnt want critique...and are good with being mediocre..There is no growth without CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM...even now Ive been working on m y mixes learning and constantly improving

• kizombaparty kizombaparty 4 months ago Producer

I really don't see that much hate voting going on.  I perceive it as more akin to buddy voting from idiots who can't help drawing attention to themselves as idiots.  The site has to be willing to deal with them and serious site participants have to be willing to report them.  It has, more interestingly to me, been fun and insightful watching how "established" voters/producers who are agressive about battling on this site respond to a new name in the battle arena.  I am referring more specifically to voters/producers who are not afraid to publicly give their opinion as to "who they voted for" and, sometimes, specifically why they did so,  The politics of it are hilarious IMO.  The monetization of the monthly battle Top Charts has, IMO, distorted the short-term value of those active voters who publicly share their experience/knowlege/opinion. I believe challenge/cash battles would help make these site VIP producers/battlers put up or shut up to back up their various strategies to win monthly battle titles.  Blind battles are a competitive step further.  Just the name of an established producer/battler is enough to sway an inexperienced voter.  Thank you for starting this discussion. Make a difference in how you vote and express an opinion.  Giving back to the community in terms of your vote and constructive comment is something that should not be colored by anything more than your desire to thine own self be true to your chosen craft and be willing to battle anytime/anywhere in a mutually acceptable genre.

• MusicMystro MusicMystro 4 months ago Producer

He Dont Wanna see me Head Up!.. He rather Catch me when i dont know its him! LoL....

I Hope i see him in the tornament thou! LoL

• kizombaparty kizombaparty 4 months ago Producer

Okay JD.  You and MM need to get at it directly with each other.  Push each other.  You will both benefit from it as much as a beat battle can push you on this site.  How many times do you have to make your participation on this site free and/or profitable to you?  Battle because you love doing it.  Knowing who your opponent will be is much more fun than winning a battle against somebody who is not in your league.  Work with each other to push the envelope on creativity in a chosen genre.  

• JimmyDukes JimmyDukes 4 months ago Producer

I'll see him when I see him. There's no one person I care to battle on this site. I will give him his props tho, he got some fire beats. 

• MoochianoDaProd MoochianoDaProd 4 months ago Producer

I agree with you how are you suppose grow when you don't use the criticism to your advantage

the funniest thing tho?If people followed the actual criteria of the battles they would win lol...

• MoochianoDaProd MoochianoDaProd 4 months ago Producer

you can't be sensitive in this music game cause it's going to be alot of no's before you get to the yes

good. now i can speak on this and i’ve been very good from the old mystro from the rocbattle era. but a lot of these niggaz just be scoring it however.
    i’m gonna say this and ima stand on it. so far out of all my battles i out arranged EVERYBODY IVE BATTLED but niggaz will give you a 2 vs a run on loop!
    i’ve had clown that just loyally come to my battles just to hate after i gave them a honest critique. i know i have at least 6 people that come on my battles and score it goofy! then when i questioned them on it they wanna play dumb but the hate votes stop after.
    sometime i be wanting to return the favor but my integrity really won’t allow me to do so with out telling you why i scored it the way i did.
    just adding my 2 cent!

• mrsonistbeatsofficial mrsonistbeatsofficial 4 months ago Bronze Status Producer

Big Facts!!! 

I only see this stuff getting uglier as more members join, and competition increases. But i have few members that only vote against me no matter what and who i battle.  but without some sort of change this will only get worse. There some other shit going on here that im sure fatfingers is aware of, but these profiles with 0 beats making votes for certain producers every battle is getting kind of crazy now. 

FAACTZ

• GAmmo GAmmo 4 months ago Producer

I stand with Jimmy on this one for sure... I dont know what all these new producers are doing but it's like they only have eye for a certain type of beat or indeed, a certain producer.

The more people are coming in, the more toxis stuff is flowing in aswell. 

• BigThrowback BigThrowback 4 months ago Hustler Status Producer

I agree with the census these newer producers only friend vote to get a vote in return sh*T crazy.

When real experienced ears vote on a battle, it's to help producers get better but the youth only see it as hate voting that in itself is crazy, its value in precision listening it helps to point out flaws in your production that you can address.

How do we advance the culture of producing if upstart producers don't value critique, I'll tell you why because it has become easy to purchase loops that you can connect by numbers.

Seasoned producers can hear when the loop is off or the bass is out of tune but this is what they vote 5 on ? 

It makes you wonder what are these people listening too or for, beats don't have intros or breakdowns no separation or drops to show the level of skill being Exhibited.

Just so you know I appreciate all the producers who work at their craft and I hear and see you, keep working hopefully this thread will reach some producers and they will work to get better and stop the nonesense hate voting. Throoow ?

• GAmmo GAmmo 4 months ago Producer

exactly bro! and I still think that criticizing on the battle itself under comments is valuable, not just for the producers battling, but also the ones voting / listening. Its up to you to NOT be influenced by this, but they can use it to train your ear, asking yourself ''yo, what are they hearing I'm not?'' ''is he/she right on this?''. When that ''swaying'' - subject started popping up, i clearly saw alot of votes going on but sometimes just 1 or 2 comments, per battle... sometimes even NONE at all. People dont even want to comment anymore just because they're afraid they are getting punished when they battle and get downvotes, just because they tryna help someone else.

Matter a Fact, 42cloudz, MIKEMOPROBEATS, roymadebeats, are the biggest haters! there are more, but every battle they hating.. lol

I think 42cloudz is just trying to vote against whoever is on top in order to catchup. Unfortunately that strategy is working against him. 

i agree...I gave them benefit of the doubt saying retaliation..