HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT IS

Comments

• MusicMystro MusicMystro 2 months ago Producer

HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT IS

EXPERIMENTAL TRAP?

COUNTRY HIP HOP (EVEN THOU THE TITLE EXPLAINS ITSELF)

HYPED POP!!!!!!!!! (POP IS POP!!!!)

MOB SLAPS!?!?!?!?!?!?!

NEW SOUL!!!!! (ITS SHOULD BE NEO SOUL!!!!!)

NEW WAVE?!?!?!?!

PLUG!!?!?!?!? (WTF!!!!)

RAGE! (I JUST LOOKED UP THE GENRE TO SEE THAT RAGE IS! NOTHING BUT A SUBGENRE OF TRAP! OK)

SAMPLE DRILL (JUST LABEL IS DRILL!!!)

SOUL TRAP (WHICH SOULD BE LABEL TRAP SOUL! BUT YALL STILL BE MISSING THE GENRE! Trap Soul is a genre of music that combines elements of trap music and R&B. It is characterized by its heavy use of 808s, hi-hats, and other trap-style percussion, as well as its incorporation of soulful melodies and vocals. It often features a slow, laid-back tempo and a melancholic atmosphere.

SYNTH WAVE!!!!!!?!?!?!?!? (JUST HAD TO LOOK THAT ONE UP TOO.. BASICALLY THATS THE 80S COCAIN MUSIC! YOU HEARD IN THE SCARFACE MOVIE!)

With that being said... a lot of these gernres are unnessiary especially when you cant even nail the basic ones! smh!

• kizombaparty kizombaparty 2 months ago Producer

"With that being said... a lot of these gernres are unnessiary especially when you cant even nail the basic ones! smh"

You, of all people on this site, know that the music world is not genre singular.  The fusion of disparate sounds and melodies into a usable song and/or video is the essence of creativity.  It takes a hell of a lot more than what the producer provides to make someone's vision for your music that you want them to buy a reality.  The MAC voting system fails to adequately take into account the reason for the mixed use of genres in a beat battle.  Once added to the music, whether vocals, video or both, they can change the entirety of what the purpose of the music is for.   The MAC voting system, while imperfect, brings some semblence of sanity to the way the roughly 30 producers on this site who are regularly battling beats and voting interact with each other if the voting standards are followed.  The site is clearly growing.  And that is a good thing.  But lets not penalize the creative expansion of the definition of what a genre is and can become in this community. 

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 1 month ago Bronze Status Producer

Experimental trap means just that an experiment...I get it some people are experimenting with sounds and don't feel confident battling it in regular trap....my only question is how do u judge it because there's no criteria for an experiment....you still wind up picking the better beat?Which may not be trap but because it's experimental u pick it anyway?lol

• bobbygotbarz bobbygotbarz 1 month ago Producer

I actually requested experimental trap. It's not because I don't feel confident in battling in regular trap. I just don't feel my beats are fully "trap" even though it has some elements of trap. I like to experiment with different sounds and structures. I don't want to confine myself into trying to sound like a particular genre. I'm not trying to sound like someone else. Also it's a respect thing. I don't want to label my music as something it's not or put my beats in a battle it doesn't fit it.

• VigilanteStylez VigilanteStylez 1 month ago Producer

Let's get that Synthwave shit going!  Get me some booger sugar, and bring the 80s back.  Let's go!