Introduction

Comments

• MookTwoGodly MookTwoGodly 2 years ago Producer

Hello peoples, I am Mook2godly an upcoming music producer from Baltimore Md, I'm a novice to selling beats online if there are any tips and tricks you're willing to share with me, by all means, please do so I greatly appreciate you. in advance!

• FatFingers FatFingers 2 years ago Executive Status Member

What's up Mook, glad to have you here. In about 2-3 days I will have an online beat selling course in the private area of this forum. Hopefully, that helps. If you have any questions or concerns, just hit me up! Peace!

*********Signature*********

• MookTwoGodly MookTwoGodly 2 years ago Producer

cool, I'll be on the lookout for that!

• MIKEMOPROBEATS MIKEMOPROBEATS 2 years ago Hustler Status Producer

NICE!

• VigilanteStylez VigilanteStylez 2 years ago Producer

It really depends on what your strategy for music business is like.

1. Are you wanting a serious music career working with major labels and what not?

2. Do you want to be the dollar menu McDonalds of beats? Getting lots of "lease" sales. Doing "Black Friday Deals", and Buy 1 get 99 beats FREE?

If number 1. Then price your beats high. Also get your beats professionally mixed and mastered so professional clients can hear how the beat would sound when the song is finished. Be original. Have trackouts ready properly named, organized. with all tracks peaking in the green on the meters so as to ensure the tracks are ready for a mix engineer. Also include Protools session if there is one. Actually get Protools an upload your tracks into protools, then zip the entire session, and have that handy in case you need it. Which you will. Be ready to travel to a studio anywhere in the country if demanded. However this may not be necessary. Install ZOOM and OBS Studio on your computer to communicate with clients in real time. Protect your reputation, do not engage in trolling, or internet fights, as that makes you appear unprofessional. Be cool, be courteous, be humble.

If number 2. Then make "TYPE BEATS". Listen to trending music, and copy the sound. Do not be original. Typical low budget clients want to sound like their favorite rapper. Do NOT get your beats professionally mixed and mastered as they will be too quiet for these clients. Win the loudness war. If it ain't redlining you aren't headlining. Make that 808 louder than everything else, hi pass the subs. Distort that 808 as much as possible as your potential client is scrolling for beats on their phone while they are going potty. Make sure those hats and snare are CRISPY. How CRISPY? CRISPY like Popeyes CRISPY chicken CRISPY. IF there isn't any distortion on those hats and snares... then you're doing it wrong. SPAM is your friend. I repeat... SPAM is your friend. Learn the ancient art of SPAMMING. Messenger spam while quite annoying is a great way to get people to hear your beats. Create your own website with tons of invasive ads "gotta pay the bills", "gotta keep the lights on", and have flashing banners all over the place that say "JOIN OUR MAILING LIST AND GET 99 FREE BEATS!" Then SPAM that email to death. Get a bot to "email blast" everyone on your list, sending the same email 10 times in a row, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, letting everyone know about your "BANGING BEATS!" Make YouTube videos of your beats, with a link in the description to GET THIS BEAT NOW -------> (link). Schedule posts on your facebook, twitter instagram etc. Get Buffer to do this, and let everyone know about your BEATS! Now you can get customers while you sleep.

There you go. Have fun!

• VigilanteStylez VigilanteStylez 2 years ago Producer

Oh and for number 2. Price your beats no higher than 1 dollar.