Listening Requirement - Suggested Change

Comments

• kizombaparty kizombaparty 3 months ago Producer

If arrangement is to be a vital part of the MAC voting factors, then 15 seconds is simply not long enough to fairly judge that factor.  I suggest 90 seconds.  Some intros last 15 seconds or more.  Not to mention that if a producer uses transitions, drops, etc. If you are just trying to get battle credits, why bother?  Don't you want the voters on your own battles to give a good listen to what you created?  Just saying.

• Sin_Woods Sin_Woods 3 months ago Producer

Real shit I was saying the exact same thing yetarday...

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 3 months ago Bronze Status Producer

Good luck with that...dudes just vote to get battle credits...integrity comes with maturity....and also the ear comes with muzik knowledge...by the way check my placement I can feel it my tourney feat feat Jim Jones and MiLLyz on youtube

Maybe FF will decide the site has matured enuff to implement that change.  Once instituted, it will become second nature to voters.  Give em time to at least light a bowl.  

Dope track and video!  Congratz!  When the track ended, YouTube advertised one of my song remixes that I have been doing!  

Go to my profile page and see where my marketing efforts are starting bear fruit.

Most votes are based on preference.....if people even applied sequences and arrangement alot of producers would be better in their craft

• JimmyDukes JimmyDukes 3 months ago Producer

the only problem i see is a lot of tracks here are NOT dope yet. Theres a good portion of ppl on here still working on they craft. its a select few i would wanna sit 90 seconds to listen to. (both of yall are included) but a besides a few others i cant wait for the 15 seconds to end

I consider you to be in the top 10% of active participants in the battle arena on this site.  Let your honest MAC vote reflect how you feel about a battle beat even if you don't make a comment.  Do you get anything out of a comment from anyone that says your beat is fire?  If you do make a comment, are you necessarily directing your comment to the battle participant who you thought the beat was better or the person who could do better and why.  Like it or not, your opinion matters in the battle arena on this site because of who you are.  Tell me you can fairly vote on arrangement (or the other MAC criteria) on a less than dope beat or your own quality beat in 15 seconds and I will respect your comment!  We are all lazy about our voting habits.  Be like the probably most singularly repected producer on this site that the site needs more than Jokey needs the site.  The value of his participation in the battle arena on this site cannot be overestimated.  His experience level is unmatched on this site among active participants in the battle arena.  His commitment to the betterment of this COMMUNITY is unmatched. He constantly strives to improve his craft which all of us want to do as well and he is willing to share his knowledge freely.  Here is a challenge to everyone in the battle arena:  After battles close for the battles you voted on, go back and see how your MAC scorecard compared to the votes of the people whose opinion matters to you, particularly the staff's opinion.    

You do have a point...

You do have a point...

Bingo Jimmy and a lot of dudes are not really qualified to judge they learning themselves...most people vote on pref I know because I did it but now in maturity I, seeing the importance of arrangements and sequences 

• staffmuzik staffmuzik 3 months ago Producer

I would cut it down to 30 seconds. When I used to do live in person battles we only got 1 minute to play each producer's beat. So if you didn't get your point across in under a minute you pretty much lost. It's a luxury that producers are even able to have their whole entire beat play for battles. So I would say 30 seconds is enough time. 

This is most certainly not a live in person battle site.  Also certainly, the first impressions that you get from listening to a beat are important.  I can guarantee that an artist is not going to buy your work on what they hear in the first 30 seconds.  They might reject it but they are not going to buy it based on the first 30 seconds.  The battle arena on Buy Beats is not primarily about what you like but how well the producer executed his craft.  The monetization of the battle arena is important to the life blood of this site.  As I said to JD, tell me you can fairly vote on arrangement (or the other MAC criteria) and I will respect your comment!      

• staffmuzik staffmuzik 3 months ago Producer

Artist will definitely buy your beat after hearing 30 seconds of it. Sometimes it could be the first 10 seconds that captures their attention. It does not take more than 1 minute to capture the attention of an artist or any listener for that matter. Some of the greates hit songs are recognized by the first few seconds of the song. I understand the MAC system and how it works. The point I'm making is that you never know how an artist will feel at that moment when they hear a beat. All that matters is did you craft the beat well enough to pique their interest enough to even buy the beat. Presentation goes way further with a beat than anything else. If a producer votes only to get credits then so be it. If you were to submit your tracks to a label for placements they wouldn't spend mintues listening to your beats. They listen for beats that capture their attention right away. 

Live is cool I did live and online been battling literally almost 20 years...U cant hide from online battles because you can rewind and analyze...Live you have to have performance and showmanship also or the crowd loses interest..I listen to the whole song but Im also older than yall so Im more mature in listening...and truth be told I be studying yall...so I can beat you up lol

...LMMFAO...

When Rocbattle first started all you got was a min...

• FatFingers FatFingers 3 months ago Boss Status Member

This for entertainment and I really don't want to make a job out of it. If we are being honest, the producers in the last almost two years that make it to the top of the rankings are the ones that are suppose to get there. Which to me, that speaks to how the system is performing overall. Not a perfect system but currently effective. So for now the 15 secs is cool to not burden the time on others, which if  higher time is implemented could drop vote counts

*********Signature*********

And that is that.  Thank you for participating here and in the battle trenches everyday. 

• Choicez Choicez 2 months ago Producer

Yo Fingers.... Nah worry brother.

If it ain't broken... Don't worry.

Keep it at 15 secs.

LMFAO @ listening to an intro for more than 15 secs... Just do a 4 bar intro and let the beat speak for itself.

This makes me think of rappers who do words connect, words connect and there shit don't make sense or sound good.

In beat battle... I call it musical wusical meaning melodies are just there to keep the producer attention that they don't get voted against lmfao

• MusicMystro MusicMystro 2 months ago Producer

i know for a fact i need more than 15 seconds because my beats build! Instrumentation and all. but niggaz don’t appreciate that. they’re only a few producers on here that comment on the chord progressions and the translations i be doing.
    They can’t musically tell a story. they don’t understand. and they can’t even play to even know what’s going on. they probably think it’s a sample pack! lol.
    on the flip side. as much as i’m for the 90 seconds because some producers need 90 seconds, a lot just need 5 seconds from me to know THAT AINT IT!