MPC X USERS!!!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU SAMPLE

Comments

• MIKEMOPROBEATS MIKEMOPROBEATS 2 years ago Hustler Status Producer

WHAT DO YOU SAMPLE?

• FamilyBizEnt FamilyBizEnt 1 year ago Bronze Status Producer

Whatever catches my ear.

• BobChops BobChops 2 years ago Producer

Seriously Mike, we should be asking you what to sample. Your sample game is unbelievable. And your keyboard game is top notch too!

Since you asked a question tho..

I use Electribe 2. I do real old skool sampling, when I do it!

I like to lift a loop, and then try to make my song, inside the loop. I use to sample a lot in the old days, and in those days, chop game was not really a thing. It's something I have never learned how to do.

Sampling is tough man! everything's been sampled. I think if you find a good sample you like, it's best not to check if it's already been used. It's better not to know. Kills the excitement of using the sample.

So now I would sample anything, and just try to view it, like I was the first person in the world to use that sample.

• ECass ECass 1 year ago Producer

I only use my mpcx, standalone at the moment, but paired with the roland f x8 it's great. I do take samples from records but have fell in love with creating my own sample from the roland f x8 and mofx8. I create a basic patterns in song mode no more that 4bars and use the mpcx sampler to record. I chop it up from there.

• MIKEMOPROBEATS MIKEMOPROBEATS 1 year ago Hustler Status Producer

YOU SHOULD MAKE A VIDEO OF THE PROCESS

• ECass ECass 1 year ago Producer

I'll make one highlighting for this but in the meantime I've uploaded a previous one to the Production Video section here: https://buybeats.com/forum/topic/e-cass-making-beats

• MIKEMOPROBEATS MIKEMOPROBEATS 1 year ago Hustler Status Producer

NICE

• BobChops BobChops 1 year ago Producer

Oh dear, bad news on my Electribe 2 sampler. Just found out you can't turn the quantize off!

I had a couple of MPC's before. Use to like the 1000. The pad's were super hard on that thing tho. Odd design choice of Korg, not allowing someone to play with out the grid.

Not end of world, but quite annoying. I suppose I can sequence my samples from one of my keyboards.

I use to use an EPS16, which is almost the same as ASR10, just less ram. I think my keyboards now, are easier to chop for, then that.

I might have to delete the expansion sounds off my Kross 2, as then I can sample on it. The sequencer, is very similar to mpc 1000.

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 1 year ago Bronze Status Producer

mp and maschine

• BigThrowback BigThrowback 1 year ago Hustler Status Producer

I use the MPC X with the Focuseite audio setup, IMac Pro computer Studio One 5 a serious Vinyl library and my companion sound library is NI Kontakt the Ultimate version, M-Audio midi keyboard and a host of different ? ins.
    I chop play and recreate the music from my youth.