New Hate Voter Review Feature...Haters Beware

Comments

• FatFingers FatFingers 7 months ago Boss Status Member

For the most part our voting system is effective when used correctly. However, I believe anything can be a problem when a few humans decide that they will misuse any system. Now sometimes it can be accurate or slightly off, but I think we all know when it's pure hate behind a vote. Can we eliminate hate alltogether, NO. But we can put things in place to bring the rate of hate down. So here is a start.

I believe all comments and votes should be helpful to give the feedback the producers need to improve if need be. But if not, the following is how we can curb the hate.

1. When a person now votes, they will see the message above the vote submit button. Hopefully this will encourage them to be fair in their honest assessment from the start. 

2. After the battle is closed, both producers will see a "Hater Vote Review" link under the name of each person that voted. If the producers believe it's a hate vote, they can click the link and a pop up window will appear to share their thoughts.

3. Staff will receive the "Hater Vote Request" and evaluate the request. If there's reason to believe the person is truly indeed a hate voter or a hater, they will receive a warning and/or get banned from voting temporarily or permanently depending on their level of hate and their hater habits.

Probably should have thought of something like this a long time ago, but never to late to improved upon the battle system.

Let's see how this goes.

P.S. I laughed the entire time developing this feature as well as typing this post.

*********Signature*********

• John_Pierre John_Pierre 7 months ago Producer

OMG, Fats, you are really the man bro!!! THANKS a million times!!!!!

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 7 months ago Bronze Status Producer

IM peeing on myself cuz bro u about to be the 1st victim of hate voting!!!!Told u to chill ...lol and my point once again perspective...to you its constructive criticism but people dont think the same..Im watching your vote gainst Leslace

• BeasleyDropDat BeasleyDropDat 7 months ago Bronze Status Producer

lmao nice feature! I agree with this 100% if you still a hater in 2023 get off this platform! Nothing but love and support should come from us since we're all in the same boat. I mean how can you hate on a producer that's clearly dope and has nice beats... oh cause yo beats more than likely are not up to par but learn instead of hating

• GIODRUMMER GIODRUMMER 7 months ago Producer

Facts! 

• KingYohannesBeats KingYohannesBeats 7 months ago Bronze Status Producer

wow people really doing hater votes thats CRAZY lol welp imma use the feature for sure lol  

• beatsfromYHWH beatsfromYHWH 7 months ago Hustler Status Producer

great feature g ??

• GIODRUMMER GIODRUMMER 7 months ago Producer

We shouldnt have to need this but theres always someone hating. We are all here for the same thing, no need to hate or throw shade, like we gotta be helping one another.
    For beat battles if your not feeling one producers beat just let them know but dont crush them about it lol just let them know what they should work on, some people take it to heart
    but EACH ONE TEACH ONE !! Show love to your peers and we all succeed together

Lets run this up and make this the best artist and producer community!

• JimmyDukes JimmyDukes 7 months ago Producer

MAn i love this idea!

• FitzBeatz FitzBeatz 7 months ago Producer

Great ft to have on this site i agree with yall

• KingDavidProduction KingDavidProduction 7 months ago Bronze Status Producer

i see faults with this system too. I don't battle, but I vote a lot. Cause it's good for the site. There is this one producer that I never voted for 3 times. I feel the other producers had better beats. That was my opinion. He considers that hate. What going to happen when he reports me as hating on him? The team looks at it and sees I voted down his beats 3 times and thinks I'm hating. And sends me a warning or whatever cause I voted my honest opinion. That will be the day I never vote on battles again. I think the best way to make it better for both sides is...... set the system up so we can't tell who the producer is until after you vote. It's all about the beat anyway and not the producer when voting. That way a producer can't go crying when I don't like any of his beats and just keeping it real.

I agree with king David...the real issue is rarely do people vote for the actual criteria..do u know how many times I'll dm a producer for giving me a lesser score for a mix and I know mine was better?Ill even ask what did they hear and nobody ever has the answer...should I consider them a hate voter?Or they vote with lack of listening experience....7out of 10 producers only vote when they want to battle...it's rare you see dudes actually listen to music and give an honest and even less listen the whole way thru

• GAmmo GAmmo 7 months ago Producer

I think i made a forum post about this a while back... where I mentioned that ''blind'' battles should be another nice option for the site where you can choose to have yourself ''revealed'' or ''anonymous''. After a while when people get to know eachother on music/voting/battling level, you (COULD) start to have a bias towards a certain producer (positively or negatively).

I must say that the blind voting system is also a very nice step!! I noticed that voting suddenly is more often in a tie and very close to eachother.

• Vsmoove Vsmoove 7 months ago Bronze Status Producer

it’s a shame it had to come to this, but some producers really need to be more mature on here. We all should be grown men and women about this, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. We can all help each other win. Thanks Al.

I agree...

• BigThrowback BigThrowback 7 months ago Hustler Status Producer

I agree wholeheartedly ?

• JimmyDukes JimmyDukes 7 months ago Producer

yea theres a couple of votes i got just because i was in 2 or 1st place and they was in third in the rankings, thinking that will help them move up. fortunately i won. but still stop the hate votes smh

yeah i think some people are voting ''tactically''... a shame tho.

• OneKingManagement OneKingManagement 7 months ago Bronze Status Music Executive

great idea

Why it's not a good idea is because it's going to discourage people to vote...to be honest 90% of the site doesn't follow the criteria given...that's why I always comment because it's following the actual criteria of what to vote for

Depends on how the staff treat the complaints... if they are able to trace back alot of hating votes towards the same producer from 1 person; then its legit. But not giving people warnings just because they gave a producer a few 1's when voting.

To be honest?Blind votes was wack...the same people who hate vote?Be the same ones voting for themselves with fake accounts have multiple accounts etc...they are really a minority....but alot of them get away with it unless u blow it up...I always do....and another thing too is people like yourself Jimmy dukes, Throwback,Beasley,Luigi with unique sounds we still gonna know it's you fam whether u blind vote or not lol

Yeah I know what you mean! Some producers really do have their own style and after a while you recognize it very well. But I think a nice purpose of this website is to evolve! Maybe add/change/adjust your sound or style. This might change the overall sound of a beat. And this could ''kill'' the bias some people have towards you as the producer... :)

Every change has a downside of course. But it's nice to figure it out in the long run.

Bias is perspective...overseas hiphop is alot different than eastcoast hiphop...uk drill is different than ny drill...u even have different styles of trap now so bias is an opinion we all like what we accustom too...when I lose to a certain beat in a certain genre it generally tells u one the climate of the community but also majority and preferences of that majority...if your not an actual musician who appreciates all style of muzik...you'll tend to be biased to your preferences per say...I strongly believe the real hate voters are a small minority not worth changing the site around for...I say this because the dudes that's 1st and 2nd place in my opinion are ones that should be there...so the system works...it's not easy winning 15 battles with high level competition....I could see this an argument if people who suck at muzik won

Yeah that's true... but I think this is going to happen way more when the site starts to grow. But let's see how this works out... perhaps Fatz can see a negative outcome of this change in the long run and just go back to the old way of voting.

The small minority could grow faster than you think when they start to notice they get ground and get money the sleazy way. And I think people will maybe start leaving the website sooner than those people are getting caught.

Im a fanatic gamer (just a side note) and I've been gaming all my life (also almost international online tournaments), and when cheaters get their way in a game and developers are losing power over them by not changing/adding better ''firewalls'', in this case, the people will stop playing the game. Result: game dies out. And its done...

Jmo opinion Gammo but Im just saying Bias is perspective...A week ago I accused staff of hate voting because I had clear popular votes but staff votes is weighted..perspective even though I won more monthlys than anyone honestly no leg to stand on...people have accused me of clique voting because I came here with Throwback...but we dont vote on each others battles because of the so called perspectives...Don Kody just said it and now because hes staff he can easily be targeted for people simply in they feelings...to be 100 percent honest battles could never be fair once a dude learns how to click share on his battles because he can draw 1000 dudes to the site if he wants to..which is actually good for the site?Lmao...we should be battling to promote our beats..wins and losses will definitely have you distracted trust me...I think we missing the objective myself included because you can easily take the fun out of this being too technical and emotional

• DonKodyGotSlapz DonKodyGotSlapz 7 months ago Hustler Status Producer

This is hilarious. I can't prove if I've had hate votes against me but i know some of the votes swing to me OUTTA there lol. All of this is fun for me so I don't put stock into the mindset of a voter. We've seen the "clique" vibes in the voting system before so I'm not suprise on intentful voting but Fat Fingaz calling it out got me dyin laughing right now. Just know I vote according to criteria so I'm open to any dialoge on my voting.