Quality sounds different once I upload my beats on here.

Comments

• Vsmoove Vsmoove 5 months ago Bronze Status Producer

Just wanted to know if any other producers are experiencing quality differences once you upload your beats. I hear other beats and I'm like damm, why does mine sound so dull. It didn't sound like this before I uploaded it, does buybeats have some type of sound converter that minimizes the sound or what? Feel free to let me know if I'm the only one having this issue. Maybe I should turn my beats up more to fix the adjustments. This issue will definitely affect your chances of winning beat battles. Al if you see this please leave some tips or recommendations that could be helpful.

• BobChops BobChops 5 months ago Producer

I notice this as well.  I think that the site turns down the beats slightly.  I am not sure how much, but I find annoying as well!

I think it's so the vocal tag, doesn't distort.  But would be nice if it was 1:1. 

• FatFingers FatFingers 5 months ago Boss Status Member

We have posted the answer to this a dozen times. 

The beats that are playing back are not the beats the customers receive at purchase. They receive you original uploads. 

When you upload beats to the platform we take the original and mix in the voicetag which creates a reduced quality mp3 file for the public. Your original file is not streamed. 

In some cases depending on your original mix down, the quality of the voice tag mix will vary. If you notice, some producers beats sound extremely good and others have slight quality issues. This is a result of many factors derived from the original mix. 

*********Signature*********

Thanks Al, I guess I'm just late to the party.

• bobbygotbarz bobbygotbarz 5 months ago Producer

Do you think you guys will ever be able to stream the original file or wav files? I've suggested it to other platforms. I think they feel it is unnecessary which I understand but if I was a customer I would like to know exactly what I'm buying before I make a purchase. I don't think there is any platform that's currently streaming the higher quality WAV files. I think most choose to use the mp3s. Mp3s probably be obsolete soon because of how we are evolving in digital technology. I probably won't sell mp3s at all if it was an option. I want to be able to provide the best quality possible.

• FatFingers FatFingers 5 months ago Boss Status Member

Most sites don't stream the wav because it would be to expensive. We convert all wav to np3 to stream. You may get a better conversion converting from wav to mp3 then uploading mp3 and converting to the reduced playback mp3 

but either way it's only MP3's that we stream for playback. 

*********Signature*********

I got you, thanks for the info.

• bobbygotbarz bobbygotbarz 2 months ago Producer

Wow. I'm now just reading this comment 3 months later. I don't think I received a notification for your reply. This definitely makes sense. I don't know why I didn't think about this before. I will definitely try using .wavs and have them converted to mp3s instead of uploading the mp3s directly. I really appreciate this reply. ?