Sync Licensing Update - Beat Tags!!!!

Comments

• FatFingers FatFingers 8 months ago Executive Status Member

As we are now adding beats to the sync page, I let one of the Music Supervisers at CBS Sports review what we have so far.

Producers PLEASE take Note!!

Beats with tags are major issue for broadcast - They do not want to go back and forth requesting tags be removed for any segment.

Here is the solution we are putting in place within the next 24-48hrs.

You will be able to add a sync version of your beats that are already uploaded. You will see a tab that says " Sync". Click that to upload your sync version only of the beat. That will be the version of the beat you can upload without any tags. ( This feature when its available will only show up if you are an approved producer for the sync licensing program.

If your beat has not been approved and you uploaded days ago, this can be one of the reasons for the hold up. Again, In a few days I will update you here once that feature is in place.

In the mean time, you should prepare your sync version as we are no longer accepting any beats with producers tags on them.

Just on another note.

Across the board, tags can stop some beat sales. I know producers would like to brand themselve as well as protect their material, but in many cases it can hurt. Just a thought. Test and see for yourself.

*********Signature*********

• BosBeats BosBeats 8 months ago Producer

Will this expand into being able to put not just beats but background music, film score type stuff, asian lofi, video game music,  mood setting music? I have not sold one beat here or anywhere in 2 years but did an indie movie score and a music library has asked me to do so many dif kinds of genres and many dif kind of lofi instrumentals and I am starting to think my only chance in music is all the other genres vs beats.

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 8 months ago Bronze Status Producer

I was telling someone today this is right up Bosbeats alley...

• djprodluigi djprodluigi 8 months ago Hustler Status Producer

yeah for sync producer tags are not recommended but most of the beats uploaded are already tag unless wav versions which are not tag could be a good fit but i like that you said you gonna add a new feature for adding none tag beats

• BJordanSounds BJordanSounds 8 months ago Bronze Status Independent Artist

This is a great opportunity for producers ??

• brobrocookdatup brobrocookdatup 8 months ago Producer

I love the fact that this platform is pursuing sync placements for us. Only thing keeping me from submitting is having you listed as my exclusive sync agent. Hope 1 day yall will go non-exclusive with that, yall are still pushing the culture forward so big salute to you.

• DonKodyGotSlapz DonKodyGotSlapz 8 months ago Hustler Status Producer

Don't shortchange yourself with that way of thinking family. A one year exclusive situation ain't bad. To be honest alot of notable music libraries would ask you to sign exclusive. It's only means the music submitted to add to their library be exclusive.. not your entire music catalog. Non-Exclusive libraries exist but even still you don't want to submit the same tracks to multiple libraries because you're not "special" if every library got those same tracks. Just a word of advice, do what you will.

good looks fam! appreciate the clarity

I think we got mixed up. There's a difference between an Exclusive music library and an exclusive sync agent. Signing up with buybeats.com would mean that they would be the only sync agent you could submit music to for a year...so in other words, you wouldn't be able to submit music for sync opportunities anywhere else.

So 20 dollars a month stops u from making thousands?lol good luck with that... representation is never free family ....anywhere you go....

Fam don't think like that ...I made over 1,000 dollars more than what I paid into it...isn't that the point?You think u gonna get something for free?It's what you put into it 

• DonKodyGotSlapz DonKodyGotSlapz 8 months ago Hustler Status Producer

I was going to suggest a tab too. This is a great move. Thank you. 

• Staticphree Staticphree 8 months ago Producer

Cool already uploading for the possible opportunites, this is great only a matter of time before we all pop off with the tools you guys keep allowing us access too thanks again 

• BeasleyDropDat BeasleyDropDat 8 months ago Bronze Status Producer

Definitely ready for this to go live! ?? 

• DubVBeats DubVBeats 8 months ago Bronze Status Producer

It's not just tags guys. 

If your beats aren't structured properly for sync, your wasting your time! 

Learn the structure & what a sting ending is. 

Willing to share my knowledge if anyone needs help. Hmu 

Cannon