To all it may concern...

Comments

• John_Pierre John_Pierre 6 months ago Producer

Attempting to sway votes on your own battle in the comments is a dirty tactic. Please refrain from it. Let's all battle fairly. Thanks.

• beatsfromYHWH beatsfromYHWH 6 months ago Hustler Status Producer

what do you mean fam? I wanna know more

Like don't try to critique your opponents beat in the comments while the battle is still live. If you do have a critique, just send it to him in the DM. Critiquing your opponents beat mid battle is going to sway votes and that's kind of cheating. 

• KingYohannesBeats KingYohannesBeats 6 months ago Bronze Status Producer

that sounds crazy fam it's all opinion at the end of the day you sound like your taken this battle thing lil way too deep lol its okay to take a critique from your opponent you either apply it or not but end of the day it's all an opinion nothing factual to your creativity

I'm not taking anything too personal or too deep. In fact, what I said didn't even apply to my battle specifically. I just see a potential problem that if it becomes a trend, will not be good for anybody. It's very easy to sway people's opinion on a battle just by posting something like that, especially if it's a close battle and people can't make up their mind. One little thing like that can give someone the edge. And in a regular battle. Battle it doesn't matter, but we're talking about tournament battles here. Money's on the line. Not cool. I'm not against people having opinions, but I think there's a right way to do everything.

if its a good battle and the person says hey tighten them drums up more or gives a mixing tip i dont see how that sways. if all in what resonates with you and what you feel was the better beat but i hear you if its a purposely tactic like you said then yeah but if its just sharing knowledge i see nothing wrong with it. what would be the right way to you if someone is doing that how should it be presented in a tournament? 

• FatFingers FatFingers 6 months ago Executive Status Member

I see the point and I agree. For this cause I will soon incorporate a flag comment.

I know some people lean on comments before voting to see what someone else may have pointed out. In extremely close battles it all accounts for how someone may vote based on the perspective of another voter or comment.

If you are in a battle, you shouldn't be able to say "Hey your beat is good but my mix is way better" or "Your beat could be better if it wasn't so repetitive" or "Next time you should make your snare a lot louder to not be drowned by the bass." This kind of comments can sway votes, so I get the point 100%. 

However, I need to update the rules on the right of the page before we start to penalize for those actions. Shortly

*********Signature*********

others shouldnt do it either to sway votes on battles they are not apart of also if you vote just vote on what was the better beat putting extra is also swaying votes also 

• FatFingers FatFingers 6 months ago Executive Status Member

I agree!

We will figure a notice to place so user can do critique without proclaiming the winner so to say.

• KaRMaStudioS KaRMaStudioS 6 months ago Producer

why not disable comments in tournaments, or have comments put on hold status , so they don't get seen till after votes are in ?? just a thought,

• MurdaBeats MurdaBeats 6 months ago Bronze Status Producer

Fatz this the reason i recently left for a while ppl like that complaining and that buddy voting... i'm not new to this i been part of the family since  rocbattle days! i got love for all the throwback producers 

• staffmuzik staffmuzik 6 months ago Producer

You do the same thing on other people's battles but now you want to suggeet rules and guidelines. You will critique both producers or just give props to the one you feel is better which could possibly sway someone who cant pick. Let's not play games and act like that doesn't go on. If you are going to suggest somethng like that just make sure you practice it as well. 

Bro, I don't do it against anyone they I'm actually battling. Nobody that I've ever battled will you ever find any instance of me critiquing their beat. And again, my comment did not apply specifically to my battle. I'm talking about somebody else's battle.

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 6 months ago Bronze Status Producer

Yall gonna make this shh wack complaining all the time...shh getting annoying forreal...People get in their feelings its called passion...only weak minded people let someone change their opinions and truth be told?You cant complain being opinionated when YOUR opinionated lol....so what people crying they suppose to nobody likes losing you win some u lose some that how it goes...nobody happy all the time sometimes I get in my feelings and go at people in battles...its called passion we not running for mayor this is a competetive sport...

I think you're misconstruing what I'm saying. 

• Jokeyent Jokeyent 6 months ago Bronze Status Producer

I'm not...why you tripping bro is because it's not your battle..We all had people do this and we either dm or address it in the comments...coming to a forum is only gonna make staff add extra rules to something thats not even that serious 

that's some goofy ass stuff at the end of the day it's feedback and critique just how last night went john pierre stop crying... 

sneak dissing 

• BigThrowback BigThrowback 6 months ago Hustler Status Producer

Basically anyone that's comments could be considered swaying if their  comment is directed more towards a particular producer, you should critique each one don't make one sided comments. ?

• GAmmo GAmmo 6 months ago Producer

Sorry, not really agreeing to this either... You can now flag ANYTHING as ''swaying'' the moment you see the votes on your beat falling behind. The dangerous part is: who is defining what Swaying is... will Fats do all the checking? How is this going to be in the future when, perhaps, this site is getting 100e's if not more people? Put in a bot like all the social media platforms to check? 
    When you see someone commenting: ''DAMN (name producer), THATS ONE OF THE DOPEST BEATS IVE EVER HEARD!!!'', for the other producer, that's swaying. But for the one receiving that comment, its amazing to hear and amps your motivation... anything can be right or wrong, depending on how you look at it. I think people will start being afraid of commenting on battles... or producers stop battling due to this.

And John, most of us love having some criticism (constructive), which is stated above the comment section. You, and many others, also give us that. Are we going to flag your comments as swaying aswell brother? we are now hijacking ourselves and prevent other producers from getting better.

Ive been here since last year April, and saw quite some producers getting better and better due to this site and due to people sometimes giving comments on their battles and beats.

And I havent seen alot of producers actively commenting on their own battle, bashing the other. Or I might missed it.... I usually vote first before I check comments.
    I mostly see a ''good luck'' or ''dope battle'' type of comment between the 2 producers battling it out.

Also: keep the battling fun please... this is starting to feel like a war if we are not careful enough... no one dies if you lose.