Voting limits on referred connections

Comments

• FatFingers FatFingers 6 months ago Executive Status Member

I get hit up about this sometimes. I know that everyone you refer to the platform may not be your buddy. However if you promote your battle and other producers you are cool with sign up, it’s possible they may favor you in the voting process. As a precautionary measure, I made it so you can’t vote on battles where there is such a connection either way.

I’m sure a few of you tried to vote on battles where you get a message that shares you can’t vote for this battle.

Should this remain this way? Is this an issue? I ask this because in last few weeks, couple of producers said this wasn’t fair. Yet, I see producers promote the battle with the share link and literally say “vote for me” on Facebook. Then they get a bunch of sign ups (customers) who quickly realize they can’t vote on the battles with that producer.

Anyway, just getting feedback on this since others asked.

*********Signature*********

• KingYohannesBeats KingYohannesBeats 6 months ago Bronze Status Producer

I'm fine with either way i asked my peoples to vote fairly dont base it off we homies they let me know if I lost or not but not everyone is like that which creates the bias vote and if you have a high fam base you will never lose cause you will always get that Maga vote system in ya favor I think the way you have it is fine as is. plus in my opinion the goal should be getting paid for beat plays overall we all making a earning posting beats and battling every press play helps us all that should be the main goal. I vote leave it as is we just gotta have ppl vote fairly if you lose not end of the world and that why we got the hate vote system also. keep it as is

• Valentinbeatz Valentinbeatz 6 months ago Hustler Status Producer

I honestly feel we should not let other producers determine who wins !! we need judges and a new method to who votes for these battles. Just food for thought.

Valentinbeatz

• beatsfromYHWH beatsfromYHWH 6 months ago Hustler Status Producer

amen brother sounds like a good idea to me ??

• TariqAli TariqAli 6 months ago Bronze Status Producer

i agree with this. i think the judges should be staff. i've only been on the platform for a couple weeks.  It may be a little favoritism involved but for the most part i think it's cool. 

• GAmmo GAmmo 6 months ago Producer

But who will be the judges then?

• bobbygotbarz bobbygotbarz 6 months ago Producer

I haven't been on the platform long or participated in a lot of battles but I think the system you have in place is fine to help mitigate the biased voting. I personally wouldn't want to win something I didn't deserve. I feel people should vote for the producer that they feel had better beat based to the criteria for each category. If I promoted a battle I would expect an honest vote. When judging a battle personal emotions and connections shouldn't affect the voting.

I kind of agree with what Valentinbeatz just said. It would be nice to have actual judges but you could also consider having the staff votes worth more than the community votes. Then that wouldn't matter as much.

• BigThrowback BigThrowback 6 months ago Hustler Status Producer

The staff votes are already weighted Fam, and as long as we can leave pride and ego out of the process for the most part the voting is descent because everyone thinks or feels there beat is the best or better that is everyone's nature . ?

• DonKodyGotSlapz DonKodyGotSlapz 6 months ago Hustler Status Producer

Keep it as is.. I think if anything since we are seeing traction wit artist participating in Beat Requests, I say let's incentivize more ARTISTS to vote. I know there's a few producer/rappers here but mostly it's producers rating other producers. That may even drive beat sales up.

• GAmmo GAmmo 6 months ago Producer

Leave it as it is indeed... I think the system is fine, and the staff votes are heavier than the ''normal'' votes. And I agree with DonKody aswell, I mostly see alot of comments from other producers; Yet I feel that artists should comment/vote more aswell, they probably also have constructive critisism on someones beat due to their experience... you never know. Might help!

• BeasleyDropDat BeasleyDropDat 6 months ago Bronze Status Producer

I think it's cool the way it is.. but I do agree with Don. If we can get more artist to vote then that would be great!

• BobChops BobChops 6 months ago Producer

"But who will be the judges then?"

I will be the judge! I am ready and waiting.  I am only pigson i trust actually.  I sorry but if I am to judge, I have to rebuke all friendships, and become old bobchops again.  

Your all saying how can one mans opinion be so.  I agree. I am not a person, I am a pig, its different, I have larger and more accurate ears. 

I don't just hear on a superficial level, I hear on a philosophical level.  I can hear if you are, what you are trying to do, is a punk, or actually if your intentions are noble. 

I put forward myselfs, as I think that, I would 100% make it much more fun.