Why I left, and Why I'm Back!

Comments

• BeatsByJayree BeatsByJayree 1 year ago Bronze Status Producer

Its crazy how some ppl can make you never want to producer ever again in life.

I'm just gonna to start the convo with that. You see When I first came to this website I was jacked up on how awesome this site was, Made some really good friends, Battled for the first time ever in my life. Experienced what true feedback felt like, Started making a name for myself in a good way by becoming a Featured producer (first time ever in my life), and felt like this is a place I could not only fit in but also feel at home. I think what alot of ppl didn't realize is that I do this for a living. Producing is my full time job and cashier is my second. I sell Exclusive beat to artists. But by being here I learned a ton about my beats and about myself in just a few months. I never sold a single beat ever on any beat site until this one. I felt like I wanted to make a huge name for myself here, until all my wind was just gut punched straight out of me. Producing for me is my life, its something that calms my ADHD and it heals my soul. But some producers feel like its their mission to tear others down to make them self feel better. THis is not a rant. I took some time away beacuse it was to emotional for me to keep smiling when I realy wanted to scream. But Ive always lived by the code of its not how hard you get knocked down its how you get back up that matters. So I'm BACK!! I miss it. But not only do I miss it, I know I'm worth way more then what ppl give me credit for. I get it, Hip hop or rap has to be cut throat, killing, beef. Well not all genres are like hip hop and hip hop was not my first genre to create. I just never can understand the beef. You put country or rock artists in the same room they will help each other grow, teach each other new ways to create music or play chords but hip hop is trash talking and hating on others to make yourself shine and I guess I will just never understand that. But what I do understand is music. AND music is art, music is emotions, music is creativity, music is pride, music is heart, and most of all music is fun. So thats why I'm back. What I realized is that you need my type of ppl here. Ppl that care more about music more then beef. I had to say all this because it has really been bothering me for the past month. And SOme of you guys I really did think of as friends. And I just want to say thank you to the ones that have been real since day 1. It does mean alot.

• BosBeats BosBeats 1 year ago Producer

Thanks for sharing. Music to me is kinda like a roller coaster, I was a top seller on one site way back for a bit of time then I got a site made a few hundred a month, had lots of tv placements, did an indie film score but between this site beat stars and air bit not one damn sale so congrats on that. I finnaly got my foot in the door with an indie label and the beats they love (some of my most original work) and I feel I am very diverse and creative but these are the beats that seem to lose on this site.If you are making a living at this that is awesome, and no joke I spent more on gear and sounds like $50,000 in 20 year only to make about $35,000 meaning I am in the hole as a producer yet I find myself moving forward and working damn hard at my craft knowing something good will come out of it later but honestly 20 years in the hole sometimes can feel like a failure. I get some hate here but a lot of respect from many that have kept in touch and encouraged me for years. Glad to see you are back and keep battling bro.

• BeatsByJayree BeatsByJayree 11 months ago Bronze Status Producer

Thanks I changed up my style a bit and stopped working on music 20 hrs a day like before and it helped. You got good work bro. Keep it up. This site is still new so producers will like your work over time. It takes more open minded people to make a difference.

• VigilanteStylez VigilanteStylez 11 months ago Producer

That's awesome man.  This is a wonderful place to grow, and to make friends who share the same interests.  Its a small community right now, but Idk if you were around from the Rocbattle days, but that place was pure chaos haha.  I was excited to come to this site when I found out it was made by the people who made Rocbattle.  I feel like battling here is more of a honest critique, and testing ground for new ideas and music than a "trying to see who is best" kind of atmosphere.  So, I encourage you to continue to explore new sounds, and ideas, and test them in the battle arena to see if you might be on to a new, fresh, and unique sound.  Good music is undeniable no matter how different it is to what everyone else is doing.  

• BeatsByJayree BeatsByJayree 11 months ago Bronze Status Producer

Thanks. Yea I changed up my style and it helped my passion come back.