Lose sometimes it’s a blessing!

Comments

• BobChops BobChops 1 year ago Producer

Don't worry if you lose battles.

there's different kinds of producers.  Some producers have a high average.  Some are not good most of the time and sometimes amazing.

how can you turn the lose into a positive?

well look.  If you have never ridden high before.  Winning might seem like everything in the world.

but really it's not.  What your goal is.  Is to produce tracks/beats so amazing, that they blow peoples cheeks off, ya dig?

the fails are just the road to get there.

I know producers who think they can hold back til they got fire, and then battle.  It don't work that day never comes.

let the lose wash over you.  If you win all the time,  what motivation is there to step it up?

the lose is good, it's so much better to be going in as the underdog with a humble can do, let's try this kind of kind set.

when you the mr Tate of beats! There is only one way to go.. downwards!

Do you, and have fun!  Remember the secret with this stuff is,  no one really knows what they are doing lol!  

the more you progress the more self doubt you have!

And that's fine as well. If you been doing it a while and your timid shambles, shake it up!

remember only the best days count. 

• Choicez Choicez 1 year ago Producer

very true words yo. and remember.... the goal is to sell beats and use battling as promoting the beats! :) Someone has taught me that! Thanks!

• Arcade Arcade 1 year ago Bronze Status Producer

Word. That's what I use battling for as well promoting yourself, battling and wining is just a treat that comes with the work. Like Bob said, it's really not about wining just do you. 

• BobChops BobChops 1 year ago Producer

Yes guys! The reason I dropped out for a while, was because I was focused on the wrong things.

I was using buybeats the wrong way.

now I understand.  I use this site for motivation to make the music in the first place!

after that it's peoples subjective opinion.

everyone is allowed to like what they like for whatever reason.

the main boon is getting other people who take this stuff seriously to listen to your music at all!

so yes some are using it for promotion and that's great.

but I always love the battles.  

if you thinking about jumping in and your hesitant.  

the site is designed to help you get better! 

it's not you have to join and win everything straight off the bat.

Get away from aphex phallacy (where you only notice ppl at the top)

there are a lot of producers who win some lose some, but are getting a lot out of it.

it's the same as when someone first starts the gym.  The meat heads don't laugh at that guy, because they understand everyone has to start somewhere!

• VigilanteStylez VigilanteStylez 1 year ago Producer

Don't worry about winning or losing battles.  Just worry if you got my vote.  I try to be realistic, objective, and open minded when I vote, but I also will critique from a position of professionalism.  My advice will help you make better productions that should get you noticed in the music business.  I am an audio engineer mostly, and I know some of the top people in the game.  What I want to see from producers is originality, creativity, and good audio quality.  But your production must be in the context that an artist will work with the beat.  If it is a "battle beat", you instantly lose in my opinion.  An artist can do nothing with that, and even if you wanted to license that to TV and Film, it is too much chaos for someone to want to use it even then.  

I am not saying I am the shit, or I am someone famous.  I am saying that I am in those conversations about what people are doing in the music business, and I am judging beats by what I know they look for.  Battling is fun, and bragging rights are cool, but don't take it too serious.  A guy who wins a lot of battles may never have a real music career outside of cash battling, while the people he beats ends up on records with industry artists, or they make a ton of beat sales.  Battling is a pissing contest, nothing more, nothing less.  Its good to get an overall idea of how your production might perform in front of people who don't know you.  But take it with a grain of salt.